SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for info on 1977 25'
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Looking for info on 1977 25'

I found my brother a SMOKIN' deal on a 1977 25' Irwin. It was on the hard, loaded with boxes of parts and misc. boat stuff. The boat is all together but a lot of this stuff was for sprucing or upgrading. It has a new 25HP Vetus diesel with something like 20 hours on it. We've been told the previous owner was management with DHL Trucking. He went back to Germany when the company shut down operations and left the boat at the marina. He was planning on doing upgrades and using it as a live aboard. The marina is mostly a powerboat marina so this little gem sat on the hard until my brother offered them $500...sold! The boat appears solid and my brother plans to launch in about 4 weeks (I seriously doubt that is doable).

Anyway, I'd like to find a specification sheet or owners manual or the like for his boat. I seem to come close until it comes to the steering, he has wheel steering and everything I see here on the net shows tiller steering. Any suggestions?

I would have bought the boat myself but I found it AFTER I bought my 1993 Mac 26S. But hey...At least my brother has a nice boat he could easily afford, and I do love that Mac...But I love most all boats...It's the idiots behind the wheels I have problems with.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook