SailNet Community - View Single Post - TV Series Seeks Liveaboard Families
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010

Architeuthis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwatt View Post
The first thing that jumps out at me about the request is a lack of knowledge... most - not all I know but most - liveaboard families aren't rolling around in extra space, so adding a camera crew to the mix is going to be difficult. And trying to trail alongside and film close in another boat when the liveaboards change tack will be an adventure.
And as others have said, folks that chose this lifestyle aren't likely to want to submit to the intrusion.
I was watching a movie that wanted to have teenagers on a boat making stupid teenage mistakes. When faced with the problem of space that you mentioned them simply went with a larger boat.

The weak plot explanation stood out the whole time I was watching. Hard to buy into characters when they were so out of place on a multimillion dollar yacht, but I think the movie made money so who cares.

Which is why a manufacturered show is better. The time for reality shows has passed, Survivor is a decade old, they are so naughties.

Sailing does offer great stuff to a movie, background changes all the time, drama is one weather report away, people do have to get along, and it takes some skill to do. Not sure why there are not more Sailing TV shows. Must be as you say too hard to shoot on the cheap.
Have faith that the oceans are going to rise and flood the world, that plague and pestilence brought on by Climate Change is going to punish us for not believing. Please do as they say it is our only hope. :P
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook