SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Equipment is a Must Have for Living Aboard?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
Make rice then fry in a bit of oil with onions, peas or whatever to make a varied fried rice. Add seafood or canned meat. Whatever you wish.
Well that's the thing, as soon as you start frying it with peas and onions, putting canned meat on it, etc, it isn't really the same thing anymore. What I mean by that is that I can make mashed potatoes with a single tablespoon of butter and enjoy them, and I can make beans with a pinch of salt and sugar and enjoy them, but I can't eat rice and enjoy it unless I do like you said and pile meat or curry or something on it. What I'd like is a simple recipe that doesn't need a can of meat on it that makes rice good, something that is basically just rice, I think it is a given that we will all enjoy white rice if it has a steak on it.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wind_magic; 03-04-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook