SailNet Community - View Single Post - Local Market Flush with Used Hunters and Catalinas...
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010

Cal28 is on a distinguished road
zboss ...

I'll toss my 2 cents in here ... because I am in a somewhat similar situation ...
and the market here in San Francisco is still dropping ...

ended up with a barebones '67 Cal 28 ... for me and my situation seems still to be the way to go ... learning what eventually will suit best .. getting experience on equipment and systems that we are trying to keep at 20% or less of retail value (yes perhaps not the latest and greatest yet still function for needs) ... and not looking at turning a profit in 3 years when moving to a cruiser ... rather just enough boat to learn on and enjoy ... and enjoy putting back into shape ...

I believe if you take the time to find a specific model or three which you can be comfortable on and in and enjoy ... given your own specific needs ... then shop that model and become as intelligent as possible as to prices .. equipment .. and value .. and not necessarily look at it as an investment .. you will be well served ..

Just my opinion ...