SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving out
Thread: Moving out
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010

solman55 is on a distinguished road
Moving out

Hey guys/gals I have been reading for a while and have always dreamed of living aboard. I am currently 21 live with my mom, no kids, animals, or any major possessions, I go to college near by and the marina that I could dock at is very close to everything, I do not make tons of money but looked up the overall cost of wetslip and boat along with other basic expenses such as repairs and unexpected issues and figured I could buy a boat to live on and live on it for a good while which would be about the same or really less than a small apartment here in Pensacola where I live, and want to live by myself. I am interested in what to look for any tips or other good reading material. I am looking for a boat that has a base cost of around $25,000 of course that is before taxes and so on but figured that would be a good start, I do not want a cheaply built boat but something like a Catalina. I found a catalina 30 that is in very nice shape for asking price of 24500 but do not have the scratch currently to purchase so I would like ideas of boats similar as well as tips and such about living on a boat. By the way I have been operating small craft by myself since about 10 years old and have been sailing on and off for the past 4 years.
Thanks for any information and advice.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook