SailNet Community - View Single Post - Introduction
Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010

Motherdog is on a distinguished road
All the auction said was 18 1/2 ft yellow and brown sailboat with trailer. When I got to the auction the boat was not there. Stored somewhere, but I bid on it taking a chance. I got it. When I first went to look it was all wrapped in a tattered tarp. 2 other tarps had also tattered. It seemed another tarp was put on whenever the one before tattered. It was a sheriff auction and they couldn't find any numbers. When i got it home and measured it, it is 18' without a rudder. I don't know how those sizes go. It is fiberglass, with some wood blocking inside. It has been painted. It had wood flooring and trim. Who ever had it, had put some work into restoring it, but it is not finished. All the trim is off and is either new wood or refinished and ready to go back on. Some parts were being replaced as I find some broken wore out wooden stuff and new cut pieces that would match what was broken. There are plates of lead I assume maybe go into the floor. (I have a lot to learn obviously.) There are 3 bags with 2 sails in each bag. 2 of the sails have a 91 on them. (I think I attached a picture) The trailer I got was nicer than the one in this picture. (These are from pictures I found in a tackle box in the boat) I am thinking it might be a Rhodes 18?? but I sure don't know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0067.jpg (43.4 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook