SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Saturday?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
WanderingStar answered my urgent plea for some winter sailing. I guess he could hear the cries of sailing withdrawal from a few dozen miles away. Anyway he answered the call wonderfully.

Here's a shot of the proud owner of a fine wooden boat.

And a shot of him on the bowsprit.

For me, it was one of the first times sailing with a bowsprit, so I made the most of it.

And this one (to prove I really was there)

She has a unique (to me) steering quadrant, made up of some interesting gears. I wish I had a picture of it to show you. Anyway, the steering, combined with a full keel and balanced sails, make for some very steady steering. You could let go and stay on course for a long time.

Not working so hard at the helm

More pictures coming later today.

Cheers!

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .

Last edited by Bene505; 03-08-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook