SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wood, Diesel or propane bulkhead heating stove?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Med,

There's much to agree with in what you say. And some good humor too. Thanks for the chuckles.

I cannot fault anyone's preference for wood. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread how I'd love to own one of those little Navigator stoves. In fact, my wife and I have even considered finding a place to put one in our house -- just because. Maybe someday we'd be fortunate enough to have a boat where it could serve.

But I think if I owned a boat as large as yours, for serious heating requirements or voyaging far afield, I'd be looking at diesel forced air. The bulkhead heaters are great, but once you get to a size where two are necessary, then the cost comparison changes quite a bit. Of course, there goes your ambiance.

Anyway, this has been a good discussion all around. Hopefully the O.P. found it helpful. We've had some similar threads here on Sailnet over the years, but the search function is so decrepit it's been tough locating them. I'm almost inclined to make this one a sticky, so others can find it in the future for reference....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook