SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gemini Purchase! Now what?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
I had a PDQ 32 (very similar )surveyed in Deltaville ~ 14 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgoldberg View Post
As some of you may recall, my buddy was looking at a Gemini and I went to see it with him. He's now reached agreement on price with the seller and has a contract. He needs a surveyor, and assuming the sale goes through after survey and sea trial, he needs a recommendation of a good yard that's fair, honest and reasonably priced, particularly considering that he's going to be dealing with all this stuff long distance.

So with that, can anyone make recommendations of a surveyor and yard in Deltaville? Keep in mind that it's a Gemini, so a surveyor and yard experienced with cats could be useful (the yard work he wants is not really cat specific, so it's less of an issue there).

Also, is there a size limit on the dink they can get in terms of the amount of room between the hulls for use with the davits?

Thanks all.
I was pleased with the work.

John L. Schnoering
Traditional Yacht Sales
ipyacht at crosslink dot com

The yard was Gratitude and there were no surprises, but all they did was haul and clean. They do have a lift wide enough for the Gemini.

Re. the dink, don't know. A PDQ is wider. However, I think they carry it above the hulls, no?

He really should be asking on the Gemini Yahoo group - he'll find it someday anyway.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pdqaltair; 03-08-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook