SailNet Community - View Single Post - Status of my boat search - Catalina 28
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010

NickPapagiorgio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnA View Post
Congratulations Kevin! Having a baby puts a whole new perspective on things. We we didn't take our daughter sailing until after her first birthday, but she has pretty much grown up on the water. Now she's seven, and we bought her a used sunfish last summer. As long as she still likes it, we are trying to encourage her. There are many worse things she could be into...

You are correct that the channel up the North East River along the eastern side of Turkey point. Fortunately, it is well marked and easy to follow. The one downside of the North East River is that you pretty much have to overnight in a marina, because there are not well protected coves.

I will be heading down there in another month or so. We're planning to launch sometime after tax day, and regular racing starts the first weekend in May. As I mentioned before, if you want to check it out, either send me a message or just stop in once the weather turns warmer. We're always looking for crew on race days.

Drew
Drew,

Thanks for the response and the congratulations. Needless to say, we are very excited for the new baby. My wife is about seven months along and I have to say that it's been the fastest seven months of my life. I really can't believe it's been that long... how the time flies.

Anyway, I'll definitely take you up on that offer. I'd be more than happy to help crew for a race. I never done any formal racing but I've done quite a bit of sailing so I should be of at least some assistance. I'll shoot you a message once the weather breaks (if it ever does).

Kevin
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook