SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ok Next boat....
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010

Polypterus is on a distinguished road
Well I think I'm going to make a survey contingent offer on the Swan. Overall it looks to be in pretty good shape. At 89K it seems overpriced thought so I will offer accordingly. It's missing a lot of equipment to make it a cruiser. It doesn't even have and anchor. It has a bow roller but no chain locker doors or even a hole in the deck for a rode. It must have been built as a race boat or something. I guess I could just have a windless put in it. At least there wouldn't be any extra holes in the deck to plug up.

The other strange thing is someone put two huge self tailing winches on the rear of the cabin top near the cockpit. They are FAR bigger than the jib winches and wouldn't even come close to fitting on the gib winch pedestals. I don't see any lines leading back so I'm not sure why they are there. Anyone have an idea? The broker had no clue either. My inclination would be to get rid of them and have normal sized winches put in and then have all the lines lead back.

Finally the births are a bit small. They are long enough but my shoulders are pretty wide and I don't really fit that well. I think the easiest fix for that is to just scrap the pilot births and expand the lower ones a bit. I don't need eight births anyway. Guess I'll just have to see how this all progresses.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook