SailNet Community - View Single Post - Classic style 17-22ft with diesel inboard
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Hi Jim,

Welcome to Sailnet!

That's a tall order -- trailerable, head, cooking and sleeping accommodations, diesel engine inbord, 17-22 feet.

Over here in the States, we have a couple of boats that the trailer-sailor cruising crowd always seem to speak highly of: Montgomerys, and West Wight Potters. But unfortunately they do not run an inboard diesel -- just outboards.

I'm not at all familiar with your waters. So I'll just mention that the Montys and WWPs are very much on the lighter end of the spectrum -- good for trailering/launching but maybe not so great for any real serious ocean work in rough conditions.

On the other end of the spectrum would be something like the Flicka 20, built by Pacific Seacraft. But these are built heavy enough to cross oceans, so might be too much boat for your purposes. However, there are plenty of folks (likely the majority of owners) who use them simply for coastal sailing. Here's an example:

Flicka 20 by PSC

Good luck with your search. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions -- everyone seems to have their favorites.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 03-16-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook