SailNet Community - View Single Post - Morgan Nelson Marek 36
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010

Shams is on a distinguished road
I did go to see the boat.
The stays are still below with a lot of tension on them. The rig is still up and the boat has been sitting un attended for a long time. The shrink wrap is blowing in the wind. The galley floor boards are soggy as water has gotten in and rot them. And the boat is mildewy, smells of diesel and some stanchions have been bent by the shrink wrap (before it tore away).
I have also noticed that all the other MNMs donít have the internal stays. The chain plates and bulkheads look fine so I donít know why they are there. The deck and hull look sound but I have not taken a moisture meter to it. I have asked the broker about some of the repairs completed on the boat but I have not received an answer. In looking at the 2006 survey some of the issues have been fixed while other problems have arisen. I am going to go back to see it again with a friend who knows boats better than I. I canít tell if she is a diamond in the rough or just rough!
I current own a Morgan 27 that is ready to go and a pleasure to sailÖand a bigger boat is attractive but not an endless project boat.
Iíll keep in touch
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook