SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Moisture Meter Assistance Needed Southern California

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
On the 20th I'm flying to California to look at some boats. I would love to have a meter to take with me to help with the choices. However I just remembered about the meter thread today. I called the place in Canada about getting a CT33 fedex'd to my buddy in LA but they said with cutoms the fastest it would get there is 5 days. They mentioned using JR Overseas but they want $325 for it. I hate getting ripped off like that.

So, is there somebody in SoCal that could either sell, rent, or loan their meter to me for the week. I've got around ten boats I'd like to check out. I'm coming into LAX on the 20th and leaving on the 26th. I'll drive to just about anywhere in Ventura, LA, Orange or San Diego counties to make this happen.

Also, if there is some other type of Meter sold by a different company that would work as well. Feel free to let us all know.

I can be reached at bassviking )at( yahoo dot / com

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way.

#2 ·
I'd imagine that one could be bought in the USA.... Did you try eBay.. :D

#8 ·
One last reply to close it up.

I called JR Overseas to have one shipped out ASAP. They are out of them and will be until April. However she looked around and came up with a loaner. She is going to send this out to me in Long Beach to use while I'm there. She's even going to take it to the Post Office instead of having UPS pick it up. The Post Office will get it there by Monday (maybe tuesday) for under $15. UPS wanted $70 to air ship it there by Monday.

So for me even though the meter will cost me more in the end I will buy it from JR Overseas in April. She is definitely going out of her way to help me out and I do appreciate that and will spend a little extra for that kind of service.

#9 ·
Excellent. I hope you ordered the calibration block.
One last reply to close it up.

I called JR Overseas to have one shipped out ASAP. They are out of them and will be until April. However she looked around and came up with a loaner. She is going to send this out to me in Long Beach to use while I'm there. She's even going to take it to the Post Office instead of having UPS pick it up. The Post Office will get it there by Monday (maybe tuesday) for under $15. UPS wanted $70 to air ship it there by Monday.

So for me even though the meter will cost me more in the end I will buy it from JR Overseas in April. She is definitely going out of her way to help me out and I do appreciate that and will spend a little extra for that kind of service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.