SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted - Maxi 80 - Caribbean to Europe
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Well, let me just say that I would love to crew on a Maxi. Heck, I would love to do the Newport race. What a ride and experience, huh?

Hey Brendan, I am not doubting anything you are doing, but it seems to this sailor that sailing that kind of boat with an unexperiencexd crew is risky. Expensvie boat. Aren't they a bit tempermental too? Wouldn't you be better off getting a solid crew with solid resumes and solid offshore time to deliver?

If the owner picked you to sail his million dollar race machine across the Atlantic, I am sure you know your business so I will just butt out. But if I owned a maxi, I would want the very best sailing her across the pond. Experienced, solid, offshore crew and preferably offshore racers. A bunch of paying novices at the wheel of that thing seems, well, dangerous to me.

But I have never sailed one (would love to though). Goo dluck. Do not mena to second guess, I am just a bit surprised.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook