SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat Towed off Alki
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Still, I am using max sail area, if I use 100% no roach, then I am at about 17.x-1 IIRC also. BUT, My point, one could use 22or 25-1 for this area no matter how you get it will stand. Be it 100% SA or using all you can get. I was doing 4 something knots the other day in 7 knots of wind. Will see how it goes here in about 45 min or so too.

Marty
Cool Im Golden then, I can put up 1100 sf....... Thanks Marty

For a big old tub I think she is going to do OK in the light stuff..we will see..Ted was a racer himself and some of his hulls showed it in his designs for that day and age anyway...mine got a little of it .....well sort of .

Two spinnakers should be fun if not........ya wana be my teacher..?..

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.

Last edited by Stillraining; 03-19-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook