SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted - Maxi 80 - Caribbean to Europe
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Actually, it is a lot less guessing than you think. From the OP's website:

Quote:
I can supply crew, plan the voyage and 'just get on with it' or I can work with the owner who is always welcome on board to create a voyage plan to his liking. I am happy to 'baby sit' your yacht in Antigua, the Caribbean or elsewhere, provision her and prepare her for an ocean crossing.
From his post, he's trying to supply crew... and wanting to charge the crew tuition for the privilege of working their asses off...

I seriously doubt the OP is providing the crew out of the goodness of his heart. He would have to be really stupid to offer to provide crew and not get paid for it...

He's clearly not paying his crew, from his website:

Quote:
Tuition can be arranged for all levels if required and tailored to your needs.
So, it appears pretty clear that he is double-dipping. I'm basing my statements on the OP's own website. So, exactly how much guessing is involved here??? Only an idiot would really interpret this any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
That's a hell of a lot of guessing isn't it?

Why don't we wait and hear what the real deal is?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook