SailNet Community - View Single Post - rubbery material at hull-keel joint - what to replace it with?
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 03-21-2010
2nd mate
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Do you have water entering bilge via keel bolts?
This could be galvanic interference between keel fin and keel plate/bolts.

To be sure i would lower the keel (turn the keel bolts open from inside).
Then remove all caulking on top of your keel fin and caulk excessively with new silkaflex.
Pull keel fin up (tighten keel bolts equally from inside bilge).
Now is sure watertight again!

Then paint it again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bartvdv is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome