SailNet Community - View Single Post - rubbery material at hull-keel joint - what to replace it with?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Dog - it was definitely stretchy.

I'm going to give Sikaflex a try. It's what Jomsviking recommended on the AS site.

West Marine doesn't have it in stock, so I'll look into getting somewhere else, tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I covered the exposed iron with.... ((drumroll please)).. duct tape. Add that to the list of uses for the stuff. It may have surface rust by the time I start wire brushing it again, Maybe with a duct tape covering it there will be less rust.

I was planning a West Marine rant when I drove away thinking "Why don't they stock the things in their catalog?" I also note that they don't have navigation lights for the size of our boat, and other things as well. And you have to really look to find the diesel fuel treatment (and they only had the biocide, not the stuff that takes water out of the fuel). (end rant)

Sikaflex. Now I just have to figure out what type & what size. 20 oz tube, I'd think, for resealing all the way around the keel with new sikaflex.

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .

Last edited by Bene505; 03-22-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook