SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anti-dish breakers?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
You can easily make up separators by drilling holes in two boards (one to go above the dishes, the other below them) and putting thin wood or plastic dowel rods in between the holes. Very little labor and voila, a custom dish rack where they can only rattle a litttle bit between the dowels, with no stacking.

"While it's true, that pyroceram is durable and micro-wavable when this stuff does break it shatters, almost explodes into a million pieces of very sharp chards." I'll vouch for that. If you drop Corelle (the US trademark for that stuff) exactly the wrong way you'll swear a bomb went off. Although Corning used to replace the piece if you sent it back to them. Or sent most of it back to them.

Personally I think serrated knives are best for hacking through things, I've never met a serrated knife that worked on anything I'd want to eat, any better than a straight knife with a well-kept edge on it. Never met a serrated knife that could part a line any better either. Great for sawing wood though.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook