SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crazy is as crazy does
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
White squall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not all weather is predictable, and some even though there is warning you can't get out of the way. I have been sailing my own boats for 20 years with 14k miles of cruising. To this day I consider myself a newbie.

Not all sailing is a slick magazine cover. There can be days of rough weather, and at times it can keep you from making port. Do your reasearch, so you can be better prepared. Whereever the boat is. Take the time to hone your skills. Lessons aren't cheap, but they are hundreds of times worth the cost.

Many teach themselves to sail, and for some it works. Mostly it leads to mishap. I have seen guys get drug away from the beach in the breakers by the C.G. I have seen guys do stupid stuff that sends them to the hospital. Some have never seen a whitecap, but think they can sail. Hell, anybody can out there, and flounder around on a day with no whitecaps.

Cruising is a wonderful dream, and I encourage it to those with a wandering spirit. I have also seen those not prepared to leave thier boats in some far away port with the boat for sale, and broken dreams. Marriages torn apart, , boats abandonded , or injuries.

Once again I am not trying to rain on your parade. I am just throwing in some reality, so you can keep a more opened mind to your approach. Like someone here typed. It's not rocket science to learn to sail, but in my mind it does deserve preperation. BESTWISHES in being succesful in your goal!.. ....i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook