SailNet Community - View Single Post - Groupama 3 Wins the Jules Verne Trophy
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Marty,

Yes, I will post about them.

One day I would like to make the "Transquadra", or at least have a try at it. The next edition is in 2011. It is a solo or duo Transat raced on IRC.

The last edition had 50 solo sailors and 78 duo teams, but what makes it special is something else: You have to be more than 40 years old, you cannot be a professional and you cannot have won any significant sail race.

But they don't accept any foul that doesn't know enough and want to have some expensive thrills. To enter you have to qualify in some minor ocean races. The qualifying races for the 2011 Transat have already begun.

The Figaro races are a completely different affair: They are also solo or duo races, some of them Transats, raced on a monotype (Figaro Beneteau) but while the Transquadra is raced by amateurs, this one is raced by the best. Many young sailors, the best from the minis but also some of the biggest solo racers (open60) compete on the series. The races are super interesting with young and talented sailors trying hard to beat the big names, all of them racing with equal boats.

The next big race, a transat, is next moth. I will post about it soon.

By the way, Figaro, the main Sponsor is a French newspaper and today's headlines are (translated):

"1/4 of the Republicans see the Antichrist in Obama"

Le Figaro - Actualités

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-25-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook