SailNet Community - View Single Post - Almost lost my boat today
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010

sailguy40 is on a distinguished road
Hi all, I had sold my boat, signed and done as of yesterday. The guy who had bought it was very familiar with the Cal 25s and was looking for one. He has big plans for it and said me he is going to get it all painted and ready for the summer. He is going to send me some pics when he is done, can't wait to see it. I know he is happy with it I can say that much.

Currently I am boatless but I doubt for long. I am going to be looking at a Catalina 25 tomorrow and I am most likely going to get it. There are a few others at the marina I am going to look at too but so far I am leaning on the Catalina. Hopefully I will have better luck with this one, it is a nice boat I can say that much and looks like a good step up from the Cal. There is also a Hunter 22 that looks to be in solid shape but I want to try and stay with at least a 25ft. From what I have read, these are two strong names for sailboat manufacturers and I doubt I could go wrong with either one of them.

All of this said, what the heck is it with the attachment to these things?? I think it is funny and also kind of strange. I feel like I broke up with a girlfriend or lost a dog. Unbelieveable, especially considering I only had the boat for about a month. I even had my friend who was helping me with it off and on say he was getting attached to it. Not sure if I got issues or this is normal, perhaps since it was my first boat that could be the reason? Darn, no wonder some guys name their boats after a wife or girlfriend. I once seen a big sailboat named "significant other", I bet it really WAS his significant other... No wonder captains choose to go down with their ship, I guess boat love is a real thing. I wonder if its legal to marry your boat? Any of you guys married your boats? Not sure what kind of engagement ring to get for my next one. Sure hope she is not high maintenance. I better not tell my girlfriend, she will think I am cheating on her. Ok now I think this is going too far. Next thing I know, I will be on some talk show trying to explain why I was seeing a boat behind my girlfriends back
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook