SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Prob with racing
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
One reason that you may not have gotten a response yet is that the racing season has not begun in earnest. I have yet to receive the usual spring, "Whose on board this year?" email from the boats that I normally race on. Skippers typically look who is coming back after last year, and then once they know what thier core crew look like, will add crew as needed. That may only happen a few weeks before racing season, expecially on the boats that go out for a practice session before the first race, or do a "throw-away" race as practice.

You can also follow-up with the skippers who have not responded and let them know that you are seriously interested in their specific boat since the year that I was on Spinsheet's crew needed list I was overwelmed with interested folks and only had one spot open.

Jeff

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook