SailNet Community - View Single Post - measure amp usage
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickMick View Post
I need to rewire the boat, and it has been widely (and wisely) advised that the first place to start is to figure out my consumption pattern. Is there an easy way to do this by using the demised electrical box on the dock? take a reading on a friday at 5, sunday at five, divide result by two (i thought a two day sample would be more accurate). anyone know 1)if this makes sense and 2)how the heck do i read an electric meter?

thanks
QuickMick, are you just asking how you read the spinning dial or digital display on your electric meter ? If so you just read the number off of it, which is a total amount of kilowatt/hrs used, then you measure the amount of time you wait, then you read the number again and divide it by the time to see what your usage is per unit of time. Is that what you are trying to do ?

Obviously if you do that you need to be the only one using that box.

Wikipedia: Electricity meter

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook