SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVi Charter --Horizon Yacht Charter Company
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010

seariders is on a distinguished road
BVI Yacht Charters...Not Good Idea!

Good Day,

My problem and a good friends very bad experience is specifically with BVI Yacht Charters "Not Horizon" due to previous rental problems. Actually I purchased a boat and no longer Charter.

BVI Yacht Charters I feel, Band-Aid there boats, abuse them and to not properly maintain them "my opinion and experience" specifically Adam... the person in charge of the marina rentals and maintenance. He has no character to admit mistakes, accept responsibility and has a major problem telling the truth. When I took my problem to the next level "Owner of BVI Yacht Charters, canít remember his name" he could not be contacted through his office. His secretary did a good job of excuses, and avoiding concerns to talk directly with Owner and has Adam call me back to hear him talk lies to me, which was an insult. I can not recommend BVI Yacht Charters to anyone... only have bad memories.

I was in Nanny Cay and saw how well Horizon took care of the boats while docked temporarily in the marina. I even met a few managers, workers and customers. From what I saw, Horizon continuously maintain, clean and respect there fleet. Customers seemed happy with service and condition of boats. Horizon won best Boat Charter last year and deserved the respect. I would recommend Horizon at Nanny Cay to anyone based on what I have seen. I have seen a lot of Moorings and Sun Sail while cruising and it seems Sun Sail has there fix-it boat busy repairing there fleet often, while under Charter. This is our personal observation.

Best of luck and I hope you enjoy your vacation.
Seariders