SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVi Charter --Horizon Yacht Charter Company
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010

wind4me is on a distinguished road
Jelman I can't go into everything that happened but in general, almost to a person the employees were simply rude. Maybe we expected too much but we were on vacation and spent a decent amount of money on the charter.....at least they could act like they wanted/appreciated our business. It was all business (after we found our own boat)....sign this, sign that, pay this, pay that, chart briefing, lousy boat briefing and we're off. Mechancial failure that took almost 24 hours to fix and no communication or offer of compensation from the charter company until after some threatening emails. That said, I did have several discussions with one of the owners and he admitted they clearly didn't put thier best foot forward on our charter. So, I'm giving them another chance because I believe in a second chance and I because leaving from Nanny Cay gives me the best opportunity to get the farthest away from Tortola my first day ! I never did understand those who fly all the way down there to hang out in Trellis Bay for example....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook