SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 34 or Pearson 303
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010

bassviking is on a distinguished road
Islander 34 or Pearson 303

Alright, after my trip to Southern California I've found two boats that I really like. I'd like to hear some opinions.

1976 Islander 34, Isuzu Pisces 27hp, Super Nice Interior, generally great condition from what I can tell, doesn't have an oven which is a bummer, Nice sized cockpit with lots of canvas to keep the sun at bay, electric windlass, going to need a better anchor and some more chain, tiller, needs mast paint, dry decks form what the meter showed, tiller pilot, radar, vhf, electric head, private sale. Asking 20K

1985 Pearson 303, Yanmar 13hp, Nice room for 30', also doesn't have an oven but doesn't have the space for one either, condition is ok, has an apparent issue with a leaky fuel filter that has left some diesel in the bilge, also a few small wet spots on the deck around a couple of fittings, asking $21,500, its on yachtworld here: 1985 Pearson 303 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

The plan is to live on the boat for 6 months of the year (from March to August) and be out of the country working for the other 6. I definitely want to be out and about at least a third of the time. A week or two every month. I definitely don't want to just sit and rot in a marina.

So please lets hear form the masses. Let me know what you think. If you have any advice on Surveyors or boat yards in the Ventura or Oxnard area I'd love to hear that as well.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook