SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crimping versus Soldering
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbank56 View Post
I had already checked Title 33 (Navigation and Navigable Waters) part 183 which doesn't even compare to ABYC E-11 standards and there is nothing in there with regards to crimping/soldering of cable/wiring terminations.

Title 46, Shipping, is not just for large cargo/tanker vessels, small passenger vessels are also covered with the same regulations regarding terminations that I already quoted.

Eric
Eric,

Here is what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
The ABYC standards are partly derived from the CFR for boat builders, which is mandatory, and partly from evidence based practices so some of what is in the ABYC standards is mandatory if you are a boat builder.

suggestions for a mechanical connection then solder...

I never mentioned that the crimping stuff came from the CFR just that some of the ABYC standards, are in part, taken from the CFR. And as I said some of what is in the ABYC is mandatory for boat builders because some of what is in ABYC is also in the CFR. It is not mandatory because it is in the ABYC standards but rather mandatory because it is in the CFR..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 03-31-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook