SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just Bought a 1967 35 Alberg Ericson Sloop
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010

Architeuthis is on a distinguished road
Sweet boat. Having owned an Alberg I think you have yourself a good boat worth spending a few dollars on.

Was it a good deal? Even you do not know that as you do not know who much work needs to be done. If you were doing the work I would be quicker to say you got a good deal but yard work is expensive.

$2 to $5G expensive? Maybe. It depends on what is done. Do they need to remove/install the bulkhead (I can only recall one main bulkhead, I guess there are a couple either side of the companionway).

Or does most of the interior need to be repaired or replaced?

$5G sounds cheap if they are pulling out lots of the interior and installing marine grade plywood or it sounds expensive if they are just using epoxy to patch up a rotten section, but then I rarely have much yard work done so I'm not sure.
Have faith that the oceans are going to rise and flood the world, that plague and pestilence brought on by Climate Change is going to punish us for not believing. Please do as they say it is our only hope. :P
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook