SailNet Community - View Single Post - It's nice to know...
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
I went out for another sail today and had time to think about it.

First, I'm not eschewing structured courses. I still hope to attend some. This whole thing was not intended as a "nyah-nyah". I'm not going to re-hash what I said above.

Second, there is a wealth of knowledge here. That's why I turn to forums whenever I learn something new. However there are a few people here (not i2f specifically, but he's working hard at it) who have made this one of the most un-welcoming places on the web that I've ever visited. There are some good, encouraging people here, like Smack, Charlie Cobra and a few others but they are being drowned out by the "Doom & Gloom Brigade". Smack is practically a pariah, which is a terrible shame.

I've decided that I'm not going to "do ugly" with i2f or anyone else. I have 2 other sailing forums for quick information that have a more encouraging atmosphere, I live in Annapolis so I have access to structured education, and I've been invited to be rail meat on a few racing boats, so there's really no need for me to stay here and roll in the mud with the D & G Brigade.

My friends already know how to contact me. For those of you who have provided useful information without a shovel full of bad attitude, many thanks. To everyone else, I say

Fair winds and following seas.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook