SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter 260-Help!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010

Claudia1002 is on a distinguished road
Hunter 260-Help!

My father passed away last week. He had a 2002 Hunter 260 which he willed to me and she's currently in the water in Texas (I have the trailer for it). I need to take her down and move her but I have no idea how.

I've downloaded the official owner's manual but it seems to assume I understand what things like the "mast raising pole" and such look like. Perhaps as if I bought it new and everything is packaged and labeled, but this is not the case.
My experience has been many years with a sunfish and an 80's Hunter 33. Otherwise, I know nothing about other sailboats including trailerable sailboats.

Currently she's located in a rural area and is the only sailboat at the marina so nobody there is able to assist. I don't know anyone who knows how to take down or rig a trailerable sailboat who can come with me. I'm very worried that I'm going to screw something up since I have so little knowledge of this boat.
I've searched google and have found a lot of references with dead links regarding the H260. I searched youtube hoping for a video, but haven't come up with anything yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook