SailNet Community - View Single Post - any 36' owners out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResort View Post
Just saw this site!

Restoring my recently deceased (2008) father's 1987 Catalina 36 tall rig. She is coming together nicely, though I must admit it has been a ton of sweat and even more dollars ('B.O.A.T' = Break out another thousand!).

Anyway, have sailed her a few times. Glorious cruiser and getting better with every once of attention to detail we lavish on her.
Cheers!

al
Condonlences on your fathers passing and congratulations on your boat. Taking care of a vessel that was no doubt a source of pride for your dad, is a great tribute to him that also happens to offer rewards for you and your family. Enjoy.

I'd urge you to consider checking out the Catalina 36 International Association. In addition to the other benifits of joining, With a 3 year membership, they provide a maintenance compendium containing manuals for the systems and components typically found installed on C36's on a CD. It also includes years worth of upgrade ideas, maintenance and DIY articles specific to the C36. Its great having copies of these on your PC so you always have them available even if you keep the originals on board. There is also a web forum and a e-mail list with access to other owners and some real technical experts on our boats. Its a very active support network to keep your boat in top shape and inspire upgrades and addtions to make your boating even more enjoyable.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook