SailNet Community - View Single Post - It's nice to know...
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
I guess I must be asleep at the wheel sometimes as I did not see the direction ahead of time some of this thread was going...and here I thought it was about the advantage of formal vs informal learning when learning to sail.

Bubble you like many of us have come aboard SN to increase your knowledge and skills with sailing. When this forum no longer meets those goals with you then it is time to move on to something more aligned with your goals.

I have met some very nice people in this forum....learned some great tips...shared some of my experiences....and yes even laughed a few times.

I have once and will a second time host the Sail-Net rendezvous at our club as I have met some fellow comrades on the Chesapeake and hope to meet more. (last time Jeff H, t37chef, Eryka, Sapperwhite, Craigtoo and others came and they were nice normal people) Hopefully this time I get to meet more. I want to meet some of our New England members when we travel up to Long Island every summer. I hope to someday to meet Saildog, Bermudahigh, Sabreman, Josrulz, JOhnR Pollard, Midlifesailor, t37Solare, SV Auspicious, Pdqaltair, JMcCreery, Chuckles, Lapworth, Culinary 411, Bene505, Sounderbounder,Bloodhunter, and Wwilson.

I also have met some total assholes here . People who are know it alls,,,degrading,,. self important and let you know it all the time. I even think there are a few members who are obviously frustrated by their life situations either at home or work and use this forum to bully and degrade others with their opinions because the are not the "boss" of anything else in their life and feel they can be here.

When this Forum becomes filled with more people from the second group...then it is time to move on. If you have the threshold to ignore the assholes...then stay. You cant change others....just your own situations.

I have this rule...never let other people problems or deficiencies affect my choices,,,and never get in a pissing contest with a skunk.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook