SailNet Community - View Single Post - It's nice to know...
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010

sailguy40 is on a distinguished road
I am another one guilty of jumping in the pool and hoping I can swim I am going to take it slowly as I have planned all along anyway. I don't care if I sit out there barely moving with only a main, I will get the hang of it eventually. Then I can try out a genoa see how it handles. I will say, if that winds picks up too much and I am afraid my boat will be overpowered the sails are coming down and that motor will be cranked up. Reason I say this, I had watched many scary videos on youtube sailing in high winds and with my skill levels I don't want ANY part of that. Maybe later but not now. So although I do say I jump in the pool and hope I swim, it will be on calmer days. I don't care about speed, I want to relax and enjoy a nice day. With my good book, online videos and of course this forum, I should be able to learn some stuff. Plus many guys out at the marina who race and been sailing a long time said they will help me out and come out on my boat with me. I do plan on taking some courses unless its starts coming pretty natural as it did when I was flight training.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook