SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just had a "break-through" with wife
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010

sailordave is on a distinguished road
NO NO NO. Women that aren't into boating and are afraid of the water will never do. They will never be completely comfortable on the boat.
Trade her in! Find a woman that likes boats, sailing and will take the helm in 25 knots the first time you go out. And when she tells everyone about the day and they say REALLY? THAT WINDY? she'll go "yeah, he's pretty good!"

Cause see, if they really like boats/sailing, they'll also love all the benefits of having a spacious (sorta) aft cabin when you take them overnight to a quiet little cove. And THAT makes the sailing all the more the better if you catch my drift!

Hell next you'll be saying she isn't really all that into um, "human intertwining"...

To those posters that have had bad experiences w/ their S.O. trying to "teach" them... I'm not sure I have the answer. GF has been a very willing learner and the EX just wouldn't have any of it. Think it has more to do w/ them and their attitudes then anything.

PS I never yell or do anything w/o first briefing on what is going to happen or needs to happen.
And only work on one or two things at a time. We spent 20-30 min. one day just letting her take the boat out and back in to the slip while I handled the lines.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook