SailNet Community - View Single Post - Somewhere to drop a hook ...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010

Boomberries is on a distinguished road
Somewhere to drop a hook ...

I just found out about this place yesterday via Stillraining. SailNet looks like a friendly harbour to drop a hook now and then ... a place to sit back, read, learn, dream and laugh.

I don't have my own boat (used to belong to a co-op) I'm an avid racer and cruiser. Have cruised the Gulf Island (a number of times), Desolation & the San Juans. Last year had me sailing from Vancouver to San Francisco. I sail weekly, year 'round. I've been sailing less than nine years, so a relative newbie compared to most in here.
I love distance races & have circumnavigated Vancouver Island four times. I'm always keen to learn. I have taken Coastal navigation, a number of other courses and attend Bluewater Cruising meetings on occasion.

Things I am very interested in are - furthering my knowledge of navigating and weather routing, learning boat systems, and getting more experience helping with boat deliveries and offshore sailing.

Just another sailing junkie

I look forward to exploring your sailing site and learning from some interesting, fun folks.

Last edited by Boomberries; 04-05-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook