SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are you training up your young?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Sorry my title rubs you the wrong way pdqaltair.

But this has everything to do with Sailing only and what people are doing to promote that within the family....Whats off topic about that?

You see, I have gotten a very late start with my kids sailing wise so it is a wake up call for some to get with it if their procrastinating and also for me this thread is a place where I can get input from others as to how best to now jump start that excitement or interest in the sport.

Some have shared that its really to late....others have shared tips on how I could best proceed....others just drop in to wish me and others in the same perdicament good luck and to keep trying...keep leading an make it fun.

I am very pleased to say that after I started this thread , My middel daughter has decided on Sailboat racing as a Senior Research project for High School....And two of our great members here are seeing to it she gets that opertunity..

Was that something I did?......Well I definitely had planted the seed by showing her racing videos of wet and wild rides....So in that regard I lead by example...or "Trained" her mind to at least consider the option.

Will it stick?..time will tell.
Will I force her?...absolutely not.
Will I continue leading "Training of her mind"....most definitely... (note; I am not a racer she will have to get that specific training from others)..But I can and will incourgage her, and get excited with her and provide all the opertunitys for "Training" I can aford to..

Shoot she might eventually start posting here about her new zeal for all I know...or head on over and become a Sailing Anarchist..

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.

Last edited by Stillraining; 04-06-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook