SailNet Community - View Single Post - Timeline for cruising?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Smacky—

Just tell me what you do if you happen to have a problem where there isn't a convenient boatyard or marina to hire to fix the problem. If you have the epoxy, fiberglass cloth, and the right skills... you can fix a lot of issues yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Is this really true Dog? Some basic handyman skills yeah....but fiberglass? I think all this really depends on how much money one can throw at stuff that breaks.

If you have very little money...then yeah...you're going to have to fix anything and everything that breaks. But if you've got a few bucks...then I think you can probably cruise around for quite a while without knowing how to lay up a keel sump and survive it just fine.

Should someone know as much as possible before heading out? Sure. Can one "cruise effectively" without being all that? Sure.

Hey ut, welcome to SN dude. It's a great place with a lot of opinions! Pick and choose among them...but whatever you do...sail!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook