SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Where to get portals for C26T

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  capttb 
#1 · (Edited)
I am about to rebed the port lights in my Columbia C-26T. In the event that something breaks (ie frame), does anyone know where I can get of this exact size? Its a 1977 C-26T. Thanks!

Mike

#2 ·
I think you mean either Portholes, or Port lights (some times spelled Portlites and sometime simply called Ports). If your C26 is a Catalina, Catalina is still in business and you may be buy some parts directly from them or their OEM suppliers. If your boat is a Cal 26 things get harder indeed. That said, very often the frames on portlights are reusable. You can often replace the lenses with Lexan or Plexiglass and on operable ports the gaskets are often available as well.

Jeff

#3 ·
Thanks Jeff. Its a Columbia C26T, vintage 1977. I've been hesitant to do this rebed job for fear of breaking something and ending up with a larger problem. I have another post in the maintenance section asking for suggestions on rebedding and/or replacing. Thanks. Mike

#4 ·
OK - I'm where you are trying to find/replace/fix these crazy portlights. No luck finding replacements - they're too big (meaning expensive to replace). I've found some running opening portholes that cost about $175 that I might try (one first) and they a little smaller so I'll have to fill in the current holes (well - build up with epoxy and fiberglas anyway). DId you find a way to just take out the channel and find any replacement plastic channel material?
I know it's been a few years - so I'm hoping you are still online. I've repainted the entire boat outside and the bilge and she's starting to look good again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.