SailNet Community - View Single Post - Calling C&C Owners
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006

Sailormon6 will become famous soon enough
Your wife sounds like an excellent sailor. I sailed into Annapolis Harbor last summer while a major women's regatta was going on, and it was impressive to see so many women sailors with so much skill. In the midwest, where I come from, it's unusual for a woman to become interested enough in sailing to develop enough skill and self-confidence to handle a sailboat by herself. I knew a few, but not many.

I just bought the C&C 35 last spring, and sailed it on the Chesapeake all summer. I spent some time learning the boat's mechanical systems, and it's rigging, replaced some outdated equipment, and raced it a little, cruised it, tried it out in a storm, and generally got acquainted with it. As soon as I can get things taken care of at home, I'll be going out to the boat to spend the summer on the bay again, and then in the fall, I'm planning to take her to Florida and probably the Bahamas, and perhaps elsewhere in the Carib for the winter. There's no firm plan. Now that I'm retired, I can go wherever the wind blows.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook