SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oregonian Here!
Thread: Oregonian Here!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010

jordansname is on a distinguished road
Oregonian Here!

Hello,
My name is Jordan. Currently typing this post from a friends pad in Philadelphia. I've been on the road since last august, traveling across the united states. First in a jeep wagoneer and now a chevy venture. I started in Oregon, made it down to the keys, and now here in philly. I'm getting ready to swap my wheels for some sails, and have been hunting craigslist here on the east coast for project boats. I do have an online blog, with videos documenting my daily travels across the US, not sure if this is the place to post a link to my website? My trips unique in that i'm a paraplegic from a snowboarding accident i suffered about 10 years ago. I had never even thought of sailing until about 5 years after my accident while living in san diego. I got a real bad itch to be out on the ocean, did some reading, and bought a 25' coronado. Ended up living on the boat for 6 months and sailing solo to catalina island. I became tired of living in san diego, but remained addicted to sailing after leaving california. I went home to Oregon for about 6 months and could not stop dreaming of sailing. Hence my road trip to jump start a solo cruising expedition. I've been able to put together a meager few thousand dollars selling my photographs on the streets as I travel and would like to purchase a project sailboat. Tomorrow I leave philly and head up the east coast in search of the right sailboat. Any advice, hints, location info, boat yards to stop at, or fellow stories would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook