SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Next Stop...Bahamas

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  LandLocked66c 
#1 ·
The time has finally come...the boat is sailing great...engine running wonderfully...and she is rigged to perfection...i have to thank everyone over the last couple of months here on sailnet...i have been provided with a wealth of information that has helped in the prepping for this journey...i will be leaving Lower Delaware Bay on Wed the 14...the first stop is near norfolk...then back out to the outside around Diamond Shoals to Okracoke...few stops in between before Savannah...then Key Biscane....and finally bimini...after bimini its where ever the winds take me for the next year.......i will be sure to post up some pictures and stories from along the way...but again a big thanks to everyone on these boards....this place is a great resource and keep it going....See you guys in the winds......

#4 ·
Sounds like a late start, but we are right behind you. We are hoping for one last northern front to come through in about 10 days, so we can catch it leaving Jacksonville Fl. We haven't determined our route yet to get on the other side of Cuba. We'll see what the weather Gods give us. BEST WISHES on your trip.Maybe our paths will cross?.......i2f

#9 ·
SITTIN" IN NORFOLK @ COBBS MARINA!!!!

Great little marina here...the people who run this place are so awesome...took us about four days to get here from Delaware Bay...we lost wind and had to motor into the chessie from cape charles....i have now decided to take the ICW from here....You guys were correct....sailing 24/7 in shifts was tough with 3 of us...so ill be here until monday morning....any advice on a nice place to anchor or port for the night after hampton roads headed towards the dismal???

#12 ·
MoreHead, NC....the ditch was valuable...but still a little "slow"... i love my wind...got a little sail in here and there on the run after elizabeth city...awesome anchorages...gonna sit and see what the weather does and take may parents out for a sunday sail...hopefully...and the head around to charleston??? I like the fact we have been the only sailboat since norfolk going south...my life goes against the grain....anyone in the area want to shoot the **** and have a cocktail we'll be around until monday.....

#13 ·
Its been almost a year now but I just stumbled upon my own thread...if anyone still cares to know....the rest of the sail has been fantastic....crossed from Ft. Lauderdale to the Abacos in late July, guest bartended at the Fiddle Cay party, crew on a 40' Jenneau in the regattas, crossed to Eleuthra for Hatchet Bay Festival, Breezed by Cat, Settled in Salt Pond Long I. for a few months, turned back north, sailed the exumas, then to the berry's for Jan. and Feb., and now happily sitting in St. Aug. plotting my return to the Delaware Bay in early may....also looking for some crew on the way back up if anyone is interested in helping me sail GM back home....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.