SailNet Community - View Single Post - Engine Mounts/Bushings/Isolators - Alignment?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-11-2010 Thread Starter
Engine Mounts/Bushings/Isolators - Alignment?

Where to start...

The cutlass bearing has failed terribly, probably due to poor alignment It did enough damage to the shaft that I will be replacing it along with a new coupler, tranny saver, and engine mounts/bushings (I think the mounts were/are the culprit). While I'm at it I am going to install a PSS Drip-less and a Spurs Shaft Cutter.

I have done a cutlass before, no biggy there. The tranny saver & coupler shouldn't be a problem either, but would certainly welcome any tips. What I am not as comfortable with or know much about is replacing the engine mounts followed by the alignment process.
  • What/where do you buy a mount/bushing/isolator? Using the Westerbeke 50 part # I went to Torresen Marine and found them but they seemed $$$, $168 each. Then I read Pascoe Marine Engines : Drive System Alignment by David Pascoe, Marine Surveyor and he mentions another type of mount, the Ace Mount???
  • Tips on how to remove and replace the mounts,
  • BTW, anyone removed a Autostream prop? How? Is it just the two set screws, West by North has yet to return my phone call or email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by T37Chef; 04-24-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome