SailNet Community - View Single Post - USCG National Vessel Movement Center requirements
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
I've done the BVI - USVI and back trip several times and have never heard of the NVMC notice of arrival/departure being applied. Many charter boats do this trip daily.
Note that all people aboard must be U.S. citizens or have a valid visa, the normal visa-waiver program does not apply to entry via sailboat - if your crew member doesn't have a visa, then he/she could take the ferry from the BVI and you could clear in solo and then take the passenger aboard (departing the US on a sailboat is no problem)

I find that the U.S. customs/immigration on St. John is particularly friendly, helpful, polite and efficient. The 'parking' area for clearing in is quite small and shallow, I uasually end up going way out into the channel past the reef and anchor in deep water in order to clear in and out, or one can take a mooring at Caneel bay and dinghy over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook