SailNet Community - View Single Post - nmea 0183 to RS232
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010

captdale is on a distinguished road
NMEA 183 to computer

Hi - My first post . I am really interested in the possibilities of NMEA 183 to computer and remote monitor connections. I read this post and decided to join in. This is going to be fun.
---------
I bought an older bass boat with some trick electronics on it. However, the problem is most is obsolete so I'm trying to "upgrade" it somewhat. It has a Lowrance Globalmap 2000 which will display both GPS/maps and sonar either individually or on a split screen. The map is okay for 1995 but I really wanted a modern hydrographic contour map which shows GPS position. So - I also have a new Dell mini with GPS so I ordered the Maptech topo map and that should take care of the mapping. Also have a small remote flat screen out of a car which I can remote to the laptop so the laptop mapping feature will be fine with a nice remote screen also. The boat has a Eagle sonar with a NMEA 183 output. I would like to take the Eagle sonar display and remote it to another flatscreen. Is this possible and if so how do I go about doing that please. cd
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook