SailNet Community - View Single Post - nmea 0183 to RS232
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdale View Post
Hi - My first post . I am really interested in the possibilities of NMEA 183 to computer and remote monitor connections. I read this post and decided to join in. This is going to be fun.
---------
I bought an older bass boat with some trick electronics on it. However, the problem is most is obsolete so I'm trying to "upgrade" it somewhat. It has a Lowrance Globalmap 2000 which will display both GPS/maps and sonar either individually or on a split screen. The map is okay for 1995 but I really wanted a modern hydrographic contour map which shows GPS position. So - I also have a new Dell mini with GPS so I ordered the Maptech topo map and that should take care of the mapping. Also have a small remote flat screen out of a car which I can remote to the laptop so the laptop mapping feature will be fine with a nice remote screen also. The boat has a Eagle sonar with a NMEA 183 output. I would like to take the Eagle sonar display and remote it to another flatscreen. Is this possible and if so how do I go about doing that please. cd
NO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook