SailNet Community - View Single Post - What about long hair?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010

pmpcc is on a distinguished road
Best shampoo and conditioner ever - baking soda to wash and apple cider vingar to condition. Sounds weird and takes a little getting used to but as someone who would have no problem putting down $50 for "good" hair products from the salon, I swear by it!!!

There are lots of "no poo" shampoo receipes on the web, but I've found for my long and frizzy hair (thank you Florida humidity) that this is the best. 1 tablespoon of baking soda in about 1/2 cup of water - just rub in good at the scalp and pull through the ends. Rinse with plain water and follow with a rinse in the a 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup water mix (I usually comb while the vingar is sitting). I usually give it a quick rinse again just to get the viegar smell out. A little styling cream or leave in conditioner or hairspray will take care of rest. Lemon juice will work too, really anything acidic will close the hair shaft and make it shiny. Lemon juice will also lighten your hair in sun (saving on those highlighting bills.)

Best part is that my showers take less time and there's less soap scum to clean. Would love to hear if anyone tries it or uses something similar.

CC

"There's nothing wrong with sobriety in moderation."
--John Ciandi
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook