SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Equipment is a Must Have for Living Aboard?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010
SV Harmony

Har is on a distinguished road
Update: As of Tax Day April 15th I have moved aboard full time. So far nothing to report except that it's all I knew it would be.

Equipment update- Mattress comforty and warm, check. Coffee, instant and hot, check. Wi-fi, check. Just finished installing a GE under the sink water filter, so fresh tasting and hopefully safe drinking water, check.

For now I've decided to go the block ice in the built in cooler route in leiu of refrig. (Hey if it was good enough for my grandmother until 1962 when they stopped delivering it). Still looking at a composter toliet, my head and tank and hoses (I fear) stink, so I have cedar blocks, air freshners, tank odor eaters (only using fresh water to flush with odor eliminator added with every flush).

Still making choices with my "Stuff" and trying to find it a home onboard, and once the gale stops blowing I can't wait to go for a sail and see how the "Stuff" does or doesn't stay put.

Living the Dream!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook