SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar 2GM20F Work...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010
Waiting For Spring

krozet is on a distinguished road
With everything put back together I decided to try something. So I ran a line from a bucket of water to the raw water pump. The bucket was filled with fresh, clean water and a garden hose to keep filling it. With water flowing into the bucket and filling the tube with water I turned on the engine. It started up without a struggle at all.

I turned it on and let it idle for about 4 minutes and then pulled the RPM's up for a couple minutes. Then I lowered the RPM's down and let it idle for another 5 minutes before turning it off. Everything ran like a champ! Water came out the exhaust and there was no black, blue or white smoke, there was very little in the way of exhaust at all (other than the water). Problem 1 is that the RPM's don't show up on the tach so I gotta fix that.

I left the transmission in neutral as I have not topped up the fluid yet but all in all I feel like I had a successful couple days.

[/b]So Should I have a mechanic come in to do a tune up?[/b] All signs are good so far as the engine didn't hesitate at all, turned on with no issues, stopped with no issues. No loud noises, no chuging, ran smoothly as I throttled up and down...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook